January 21, 2009

Day 21 - Vases


Day 21 - Vases
Originally uploaded by Karin Beil
My dad brought these vases home as a gift for my mom when he returned from Korea in 1954 (he served in the U.S. Air Force). Mom was very fond of them and the vases always held a prominent place in her living room. Dad passed away in 1974 and Mom in 1999. I'm very happy to have the vases as a lovely reminder of my parents. Someday, I will give each of my daughters one of the vases so that they will have a beautiful reminder of their grandparents.

2 comments:

  1. What a great treasure for you and your daughters - I know they will carry great stories, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great shot of some wonderful memories. Passing these kind of things on to future generations is one of the best things that we can do. Your vases and pic of them are both beautiful!

    ReplyDelete