August 16, 2010

Day 228 - Back to school


Day 228 - Back to school
Originally uploaded by Karin Beil
The school around the corner from our home is gearing up for the new school year. Each day, there are more and more cars in the parking lot as the teachers get their rooms ready for their new crop of children. Today, I noticed the sign out front was updated with the upcoming calendar events. It looks like the kids will be back to school in about a week. As a retired teacher, I have such mixed emotions at this time of year. I loved teaching and really miss the kids and my friends and colleagues. However, I don't miss the days of preparation for the beginning of the new school year that always shorten a teacher's summer. God bless those of you who are teaching, may you have a wonderful new school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment